Friday 21 December 2012

LINGERING OCEANS VIA EMOTIONS ~ Chapisode 3 ~


This is absolutely a piece of LOVE FICTION and names used are completely fictional and do not represent any person.....

PROLOGUE
Once upon a time in wonderland named ‘Love-dale’ lived an average looking metro-sexual man named Adam and a voluptuous very good- looking woman called Eve. They had never met before, but the moment they met they fell…FELL in for the most sort after emotion called LOVE. It was almost disaster at the first sight. They were attracted to each other as if they were two unlike poles of a magnet, they met and met again, inseparable, entwined they made it made it to each other's core. She blushed and he blushed even more they were blissfully unaware what was to follow… 
Adam decided to write a BLOG about LOVE... for which he started an online interactive group.... LINGERING OCEANS VIA EMOTIONS
Here are some excerpts from his blog.....


~Chapisode 3 ~

There would have been different interpretations of love and different definitions of it depending on each ones experience with it.
But Lingering Oceans Via Emotions was the most unusual one of them all. 
This definition or maybe the full form of love was actually invented by Priya, Jim’s wife.  Nobody actually understood the real meaning of it but there was something very sweet about it. 
Jim wrote, It was a warm summer evening, amidst lots of dhoklas tons of bhakarwadis, and a few other eatables which could easily fill up a snack shop and nicely brewed masala chai; we sat across a table with thirteen other members of the family. All of them either offering each other something to eat or all of them eating, as if those were the last few dhoklas left on planet earth. 
I was not at all interested in looking up at Priya but Priya told me later that she was continuously and shamelessly gazing at me. She said she had fallen in for me the moment she had seen my photo, sent to her by my maternal uncle. 
After all the dhoklas got over and there was nothing left to chew, everybody jumped on the tea and of course,  after that everybody remembered the main purpose for which we were there for. 
Though there were people old enough to mind it but still they all were kind enough to let us alone on the gallery for a few minutes so that we could know each other. 
Imagine, sometimes we fail to know a person even after a lifetime and here we were supposed to do that, know each other in a gallery of the size of a washroom and thirteen other people with their sharp ears, just a few inches away for privacy we needed. 
After all we had to see each other and within countable limits of time decide that we liked each other enough for the elders of the family to call for the further shorts. 

There were lovely juicy sour yet to ripen mangoes hanging just outside the third floor gallery of Priya's house. 
I was actually counting the mangoes when suddenly Priya said ‘Do you want to ask me something?’ 
I suddenly observed her. It was not as if I had not seen her but I had not exactly liked her either. 
She repeated herself, ‘Do you want to ask me something?’ 
I thought it was necessary so I asked her, 'Yes, I mean what is your sun sign.' 
At that moment I thought it would be the safest thing to ask. 
She said she was a Gemini and I was surprised to know that because I too am a Gemini. I could not hide my amazement and told her I too was one. 
Suddenly I lost track of how many mangoes I had counted as our conversation, though not very lengthy, mostly comprised of sun signs, tarot and fairy cards. 
Priya was apt at analyzing my behavior and traits not only because she herself was a Gemini but also because she truly had quite an in- depth knowledge of each subject we discussed during our first meeting. 
My niece came running into the already crowded gallery and hinted that it was time to get back into the room with others. 
We smiled at each other I looked at the mangoes and smiled again. She with her intriguing questioning eyes asked me what was I smiling for, I smiled back.

It was yes from her side, I was not too sure I liked her or not. It was like, I liked her as a person but I always felt I should have an extremely good looking wife. Priya was, but I thought there could be someone better. But I said yes, I do not know why. I gave in to the pressure of getting married by my parents or was it Priya or I do not exactly know why. But I said yes.

Men never are sure of what they say or do most of the times. Thankfully Women are. Priya was. 

Priya met me again at a warmer summer evening. The rain was just around the corner. She told me she knew a pizza stall where we could eat some lovely roadside pizza at affordable prize. I agreed. 
I raised my hand to call for a rickshaw she held my hand pulling it back and said softly but very affirmatively, 'let’s walk'. 
She made me walk for almost a few minutes less for an hour for the pizza, which were nothing close to delicious but definitely affordable. All the way through she talked and I listened. She talked about her favorite topics of conversation tarot, sun signs, and fairy cards. 
She asked if I believed in fairies. I had never heard of these things forget believing in it. But I said, 'Yes! I believe in them'. 
She said, ‘If you believe in them there’s one sitting right on your shoulder just now’. 
For a moment I thought she was teasing me, I hesitatingly looked towards my shoulder and saw nothing. 
She softly whispered, ‘You cannot see them but you will be able to when you really start believing in them’. She got me. 

The awful little pizzas were done and just as I paid off some few pennies for it, it started raining. I ran for shelter under an extended roof of a shop while she played with the rain drops. Priya had nothing at all that I wanted my wife to have in her but something still attracted me towards her. I started walking towards her and tried to drag her into the shade but she did a better job with her tender force. She pulled me back into the rain and then we walked through in the rain drenched in wet water and probably lovely love. 

While parting she removed a small handmade card from her bag. Thankfully the card was not wet at all, otherwise I would have never got to read those beautiful words which made no sense but sounded so sweet. 
The card read, I love you from the day I saw you first in the photograph or maybe I loved you even before, may be some incarnations ago
The words were too heavy for me to handle at just the second meeting but that is what Priya was. 
As I opened the card to read further it read L-Lingering O-Oceans V-Via E-Emotions.’

Truly in love sometimes the simplest words sound complicated and sometimes the most complicated ones simple.


Keep Following this Blog for ~Chapisode 4~


©Nozzer Pardiwala. All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment