Sunday 22 June 2014

Life Re- Plugged... ZINDAGI has just begun...


When I wrote my first few words, they were simply naive musings of a teenage mind. No one read them except me.
Then I fell in love with this wonderful person, who is my wife today and then I started to write again. 
This time around the words started making sense and I was glad some of them weighed more than their meaning. 
Love is one such emotion, which is like an uncontrolled chain reaction which in turn gives rise to many more emotions and I went through them all. This enhanced my writing further and thankfully now apart from me I had one more person reading my words and some of it even made sense to her.

Life took its own course and in its usual twists and turns I lost myself and swayed with it where it took me. I was happy in my space but then the nudging feeling kept cropping.

I belong to a minority community which is constantly worried about its depleting number. The hypocrisy of the community, I was born to, definitely not by choice; created a kind of turbulence within me and I decided to write a FICTIONAL AUTOBIOGRAPHY. When I wrote it, it was simply for venting out my agony; but this time it got published in our community’s weekly newspaper. So now I was being read by more than two people.
The passion which had been washed away in routine and humdrum life, resurfaced again this time with a new vigor.
I started writing my first book. I send it to three publishers and they all rejected it. 
One Sunday morning my wife asked me to read an article in the newspaper which was about self- publishing. I got this wonderful opportunity to publish my book at my terms and conditions. It was a quick read of hundred pages and predominantly dedicated for my students. So I already had a pre-meditated audience for it.
I was already blogging then and like my indiblogger profile reads I am a confused wreck and all my confusion i pour onto my keyboard, and my readers bear the brunt. 
On the cusp of completing my second book which goes much beyond hundred pages and a targeted audience; I seemed to be kind of stuck when yet again an fb friend shared a link of an indiblogger article, through which I was introduced to this fabulous family of crazy people like me.

A month back I was happy writing my blogs, completing my second book and enjoying the space I was in, not content though. 

Yesterday 21st June 2014, summer solstice which is supposed to be the longest day, I had my most memorable day. I attended my first indiblogger meet.

I drove down to The Leela in my car leaving behind my world, my wife and two kids. In a space so different so new. 


My eagerness to be in this new space landed me up into the venue almost an hour early. So I spend the time in hand, like a narcissist clicking my first ever selfie with the backdrop of the sprawling interiors of the venue.


I made three friends all who were almost half my age and it was amazing to know they were doing so many things together in life. Like the first friend I made was Darshan Gajara who is pursuing engineering and at the same time writing a tech blog. There was yet another guy Deepesh Soni who astonished me with his accent but was kind of cute. He is pursuing some part of science and blogs about Indian railways. It was amazing to meet so many young guys who managed to study, have fun and most importantly blog.

Ali Abbas walked in and I almost overheard someone say, will he be able to pull it off. He almost got us bloggers hooked to his tale and then his wonderful voice. I was impressed by his comfort level handling the mike, the questions and the adulation.

He has it in him what it takes to be an actor. Star? Time will tell. 

My early memories of Zee were that of when I was in degree college and the channel was almost a baby since it was just born. We were eager to watch it not only because of the SaanP SeeDi game show, one of its kind; but also the serial Campus which had the entire drama team of our college.
It finally gave us, the viewers, something to look forward on television other than waiting for an entire week for watching a Sunday movie or Chayageet.
I wouldn’t have ever imagined then, that years later I would be a part of the Launch of Zee’s new channel Zindagi. 

Thanks to those few words I ever did pen down which meant nothing, neither to me nor would it have mattered to anyone else; that today I blog side by side with not only half my age guys but with my thirteen year old son as well.

I express my gratitude to all those people and identities who like guardian angels guided me through this journey. Truly each one of them touched my soul and connected to my heart … The JodeyDilonKo moment seems to never stop for me.
I would have said I am proud to be a writer, but something within tells me … I want to shout aloud and proclaim to the world ... I AM PROUD TO BE A BLOGGER.

On a path so new 
on a road map with sign boards so few

I take a step, breathe and say, wait a minute! ...this was long overdue. 
ZINDAGI has just begun... 

1 comment:

  1. after Reading this blog I felt that i joined IndiBlogger a little late. I missed an experience of my Zindagi-Zindagi. Lovely meet, i feel it was. I am sure IndiBlogger gives me another oppurtunity. luckily, there are people who write about their experience, so i could relive the experience without actually being there. thank u.

    ReplyDelete